Since I had eventually found a foundation which matched my skin tone pretty well, I didn’t want to mess it up by getting a powder which didn’t match. I trawled through boots to find a translucent powder and could only find one from Natural Collection which is a brand I don’t usually buy from. It’s actually Neutral Translucent too, so it’s cheating a bit.
I was hesitant trying this because I do prefer specific mattifying powders. It this one does a great job at keeping me matte which surprised me. It doesn’t overpower, or cover he colour of the foundation and looks seamless on the skin.
The only issue I have, and it’s because I’m not used to loose powders if the fallout. I wear black to work and when you’re in a rush and get there to discover you have powder all over your top isn’t the best feeling in the world.
This powder is definitely one for budget lovers as it’s so cheap but is good quality too!
Thanks for reading. ‘Til next post!
How exciting! I was really surprised when I was nominated for the Liebster Award from the lovely Nicole over at BoltBlogs because I still find it crazy that people actually read my ramblings!
I was asked some pretty good questions, so I’m just going to dive on in and answer them!
- What is one city/country you have yet to visit and would like to? This is actually quite difficult because I want to go so many places. I’m going to say Orlando, Florida though because myself and my boyfriend are saving up to go to Disneyland (my dream) next year!
- Any tattoos? Do you want any? No I don’t have any tattoos. When I was younger I always wanted Love written on my wrist, or a different tatoo on my hand. As I grew older I realised I didn’t want any and I was so grateful I never jumped into getting one.
- What is your favorite television show? WOW what a had question. I have tonnes! I’m going to have to say The Originals right now because that first season was on point!
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla for scent but chocolate to eat.
- Who is your celebrity crush? I don’t really have a celebrity crush, but I would say Kit Harington who plays Jon Snow on Game of Thrones because he is an amazing actor and has a really cool accent.
- What is the one part of your makeup routine you spend the most time on? Probably my eyebrows because I can never get them right first time around *sigh*
- You are running late and only have time for either hair or makeup. Which do you do? Makeup without a doubt. My hair always looks crazy but without makeup I’d look like a zombie and I don;t particularly want to scare everyone away.
- What’s the one thing that makes you feel on top? (A red lip, heels, great jeans?) Dresses always make me feel better and prettier. Even wen you feel crap and bloated a dress can do a million things to your figure!
- What’s the one thing you’re afraid to do with your look but think about often? (Purple hair, black lipstick?) Cutting my hair shorter. I love my hair long and it takes forever to grow – and it’s not even that long! I cut it short when I was younger and hated it so i feel that will happen again.
- Who is the one singer/band you would want to see? (Dead or alive) That would have to be Demi Lovato, she is my inspiration and I’ve loved her since I was young Shes collaborating with Shazam planning her European Tour and I am praying she makes it to Ireland.
- If you could go back in time and teach yourself one makeup trick when you were first starting, what would it be? BLEND SARAH BLEND. I used to wear panstick and never blended. I also never blended eyeshadow. I cringe thinking about it. Don’t judge me.
Some random facts about moi;
- I am addicted to Yankee Candles, but have only been allowed light them in my bedroom at home recently.
- I study social care which basically means I’ll work with people for the rest of my life. I want to work with younger people or children.
- My family is huge I have over 80 relations!!!
- Nail polish never stays on my nails, but I wish it did.
- I suffered with horrendous sin when I was younger and still use acne medication every day.
- I wish I could draw or play a musical instrument.
- I also wish I was a Disney Princess, I’m 99.9% sure I am, the other 0.01% is because birds don’t talk/sing to me.
- I am addicted to Malteasers and Kinder chocolate, it’s what I get for a treat.
- I love travelling and I can’t wait to go to America again.
- I’m addicted to beauty gurus on YouTube and could spend hours watching them.
- I love comics. It has to be DC. I’ve never read Marvel so I can’t say I hate them. Batman is my favourite superhero ever.
It’s hard to find blogs with less than 200 followers that I really enjoy so i’ll stick to around that number! I would like to nominate;
What She Does Now // Adolescent Chic // greenbeaniebeauty // Miss As Is // Jordan’s Beautiful Life // Taylor’s Beauty Place // Deborah Says Beauty // What Kate Did // Diary of a Beauty Therapy Student // Dude its Primarni
My questions are as follows;
- What’s your favourite sweet treat?
- If you could only have a handbag or a purse/wallet what would it be?
- Most embarrassing make up mishap?
- Lipstick or Lipgloss?
- What’s the best book you’ve read?
- Do you have any strange talents/quirks?
- You can only have one item of make up for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- High heels or flats?
- If you could go on a trip, but had to choose between a countryside cottage, or a city hotel which would it be?
- What’s your favourite colour?
- If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Now the rules;
- Recognize the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked
- List 11 fun/random facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers who you think deserve to be recognized
- Inform the bloggers you’ve nominated them
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer
Thanks everyone and to my nominees, congrats. This is just to get to know one another and to give recognition to those blogs I feel should be read more!
I have been doing a little bit of shopping lately, and decided t share with you guys what I got. Nothing is actually too exciting, I’ve repurchased a lot of toiletries that have run out on me. I hate when this happens, and it does to me all at once.
I first bought some new Skechers. I was in desperate need of some new runners for training in because I shrunk my old ones. How I hear you ask, because I didn’t know that the tumble dryer worked on the washer/dryer and that’s how. I really liked this grey and blue pair and they also have a bit of pink which is my favourite colour. They’re Agility Rewind trainers and with my 10% student discount they were a very reasonable 45Euro.
I took a trip to H&M because I always see black items of clothing in their store. I didn’t actually see much this trip but I did manage to get two tops and a cardigan. As it’s the Summer I wanted to get a light cardigan and I found a super light one here. It is long and has long sleeves, but when you’re wearing it, it feels like you’ve not got one on. This was 9.95E. I got a really light t-shirt that will be kind of loose and has a small pocket. I have no black t-shirts and thought that this would go well with both jeans and skirts, this was 7.95E. The other top I bought was this three quarter sleeved top, it’s nothing particularly special, this was also 7.95E.
Excuse the blurry and bad pictures I don’t know why I didn’t rotate these?
In Penneys, sticking with the clothes side of the haul, I bought this black skater dress. It’s so summery and light and I thought it would be perfect for any days that were too hot. It’s not revealing at all on the top and it has t-shirt kind of sleeves which I was looking out for. This was a whopping 7Euro! I also bought some black super skinny jeans. The size smaller didn’t fit and I’m afraid these ones will be swimming on me, I still haven’t tried them on I’m just believing in myself. These were only 8Euro. I also bought some black ballerina pumps because I realised I had no black shoes. They have cute rose gold metal aglets and are quite comfortable, these were only 5Euro.
I also bought staples in Penneys which are socks. I got plain coloured ‘regular’ socks for 2.50Euro but I also bought these amazing DC ankle socks for 3.50Euro. I’m a huge fan of DC comics so I had to have these. There were some Batman ones but I’ve worn those! I also bought some black tights which were 3 airs for 4.00Euro.
Now onto beauty, I bought this two pack of Sure deodorant in Penneys for 4Euro because they’re perfect for throwing in your handbag and for top ups throughout the day if you feel it necessary. I usually use roll on deodorant but it’s so much quicker to spray these when you’re out and you don’t have to wait for your pits to dry. Classy.
Hair products I bought were just two repurchases. I got the Batiste Light and Blonde dry shampoo which I love! It’s only 4Euro in my local pharmacy s it’s the same price as the regular one in Tesco! I also got the Guardian Angel Heat Protectant which I also love. This was only 3.49 Euro which is great value. They work well for me and I don’t think I’ll be changing them up any time soon.
For my body I repurchased the Nivea Firming Oil. As I said in my last empties post I don’t use this for toning or firming I use it to get rid of my stretch marks which I got throughout puberty. It works really well and my stretch marks have faded significantly but I’m in the habit of using it now, and it leaves my skin so soft! It can be expensive in some places but I bought it for around 4Euro in Tesco. I bought a new bod cream and this is the Dove Purely Pampering one with shea butter and warm vanilla. It smells amazing and I got this on sale in boots for around 3.50 Euro, such a bargain!
I really like having stuff to clean my hands in my handbag, some people think it’s weird! H&M have brought out new mini wipes for your face and hands and I have tried two of the other scents but I decided to try these ones this time! I bot the Fresh Vanilla scent which is amazing! I also got the Bamboo Orchid scent which is good too. The wipes are 95cents each. I also got the antibacterial hand gel from Penneys. Unlike others, this smells so good, almost fruity and sinks into the skin instantly. It’s good for when they’re no soap in the bathroom, or you’re dealing with money a lot. The gel is 1 Euro.
I did buy some face products and I got this Nivea Regenerating Night cream to try from Tesco for around 3.60Euro. I bought standard cotton pads for 65 cents. I also needed a new eye cream for my dark circles and went with this Boots Botanics All bright eye roll on. It was on sale for 6 something in Boots. I also bought these three facemasks. One is a peppermint, another chocolate and orange and then lastly olive oil and shea butter.
And lastly, some make-up! I got this Natural Beeswax Lipbalm in Penneys because they’re amazing and work really well, this was 1.50Euro. I also got two products from the Barry M Gelly Range because they were 2 for 10Euro in Boots. I got the polish in Guava and then the red coloured lip product also. I was in desperate need of a primer and I decided to try this Catrice Prime and Fine which was around 4.50Euro.
Thanks for reading my super long post, you;re a saint if you stuck around this long! Til next time..
I’m no means a hiker, but on Easter Sunday, I know delayed post or what, myself and my boyfriend went hiking in the Mourne Mountains. Ireland has some of the most beautiful landscapes, and you can see that in the amazing show that is Game of Thrones. We often go on weekends away to Carlingford, a little village in North Eastern Ireland. It’s so close to the border of Northern Ireland and is bordered by the Mourne Mountains.
We packed up a picnic and made our way up the mountain. It was a truly beautiful day and the heat was unreal. The views were outstanding, it was the first time I had even gone hiking. We didn’t expect it to take almost 4 hours whatsoever. We walked through forests and higher up the mountains and ended up at Slieve Foy picnic area. On the way back we weren’t expecting to be ‘proper’ hiking through sludge, over stones and on top of forests. It was an experience all right.
The view and sights were truly breathtaking. honestly, I wasn’t sure what to expect but it always surprised me. I think that on a clearer day, which is a bit brighter, the views would be even more beautiful.
I can’t wait to go again and do a different trail! I think we’ll be more prepared when this day comes, we know what to expect now!
Do you guys like hiking or mountain climbing?
Check out some of my pictures and I’ll see you in the next post!
So April didn’t see many favourites on my part – I’ve been so busy! I did manage to gather up a few to show though!
Yankee Candle in Black Cherry I adore candles, especially Yankee ones, as do most people. I got this big jar a while back and it’s just amazing. I adore fruitier scents especially coming into Spring and Summer, so this is amazing. It’s not too overbearing. I just cannot describe my love for it enough!
Catrice Waterproof Eyeliner I needed a new pen liner as I just wanted something to do cat eyes easier and quicker, and pens are just the job for it. You get perfect effortless lines everytime. This one was around €3 or so, making it super affordable. I need the waterproof formula as my eyes are quite runny, which is irritating but I don’t mind. I find it lasts longer than the regular formula pen too.
H&M EyebrowFix I was never bothered with anything eyebrowy other than filling them in and getting them shaped. I decided to try the clear gel fix, like clear mascara. I got this one from H&M and it was either €3.99 or €2.99 I’m not too sure. I did include it in a recent haul though. I actually love it. I find my powder stays on much longer and they hold their shape a lot better. I can’t believe I never had this in my life!
P.S Love lipstick I bought this in penneys, or Primark for all my UK gals. It was€2 and was also included in the afore mentioned haul. It’s a gorgeous, really bright coraly/orangey shade. It’s so silky and smooth and feels amazing on the lips. It doesn’t dry out too much or leave a ring around your lips as it wears off. It’s really hydrating too. I adore it and I want to try more!
Garnier Fresh Clarifying Wash I needed a new Facewash and this one was an amazing €2.79. I really enjoy other Garnier face products, especially their toner. This wash is amazing. I did review it so I won’t say too much about it. It keeps my oil balanced and my skin matte. It’s so lovely to use!
Infernal Devices Clockwork Prince I adored the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare and I started the infernal Devices series in January but one thing and another and I just didn’t have time to read after that. I started the second book recently and love it. I’ve been reading it non stop.
Thanks for reading. ’til next post!
I would like to thank the beautiful Brittany from thebeautydeputy for nominating me for my first award! Brittany’s blog is one that I look at all the time and her posts are always so brilliant, everyone should check her blog and Shine On post here
If you would like to accept and forward the award on. the ‘Shine On’ Award rules are:
1. Display the award logo to your blog
2. Show appreciation by acknowledging the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post
3. Share 7 random, interesting things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and happily pass on this award, making sure to link their blog into your post
5. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
So as you can see in the rules above, we have to share 7 interesting facts about ourselves. Now I don’t think mine will be of any interest to you guys but I’ll give it a whirl!
Fact 1: I was born in Germany, but I’m Irish-American! My dad’s from Iowa in America and my Mam is from Dublin in Ireland! They met in Germany and voila my amazingness appeared there first. I’m not fluent in German as we came back to Ireland a few months after I was born, but I would love to be..
Fact 2: My family is big. My immediate family, there’s my mam and dad, and then going in order I have a half sister in America called Marina, then there’s myself, Katie,Sophie,Holly and my brother Zane. Also our dog, Kipper! I was embarrassed by this when I was younger but then I learned to appreciate having a larger family. My mam has 16 brothers and sisters so I have lots of amazing aunts,uncles and cousins on her side that live really close to us. My dads family is significantly smaller with just 3 siblings and they all live in America.
Fact 3: I am a book lover. Ever since I was little I’ve been obsessed with books. I read anything. My favourite 3 series are Harry Potter, The Hobbit and The Lord of the RIngs. I adore J.K Rowling and Harry,Ron and Hermione were my friends when it seemed like I had no others. Cheesy, I know. I re-read the series at least once a year, sometimes more. The magic will always be in my heart. Tolkiens work on the other hand is very different. The styles and characters. I adore all his work and am slowly branching out to more of his books, while still staying in Middle Earth.
Fact 4: I started this blog because I am what my cousin would call a goo-hoarder! I adore trying new products and I was always recommending them to friends and family and my sister said one day I should set up a blog so more people could read what I had to say and so I did. I was nervous at first and Bloggers Jealousy is a horrendous thing but I’d like to think I’m getting there.
Fact 5: My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years this year. We met in school and were in the same class for 5 years before we became friends. After a few days spent hanging out we both knew we were a couple. We don’t really fight and he buys me lot’s of presents, even on days when I’m feeling down. I could say a lot of cheesy things but I think I’ll stop myself!
Fact 6: I’m studying social care in college. I’m currently in my second semester of second year. I don’t know where I want to work yet but I know I want to work with young people.
Fact 7: I am in love with Kettlebells classes. My instructor Louise is amazing motivation and I think everyone should give it a go. I know you think you wont be able to do it, but it’s so easy. it works your whole body, and the weight just drops off you. You build muscle without being muscly and it’s great for your heart too!
See I told you guys I’m not that interesting!
My nominees are:
1: Sarah Speaks
2: B As Blonde
11: The Oxford Owl
12: Beauty in Beta
13: Mae’s Beauty
I adore all of my wonderful nominees, I hope they pass the award on too! Everyone check their blogs out!
Love, Sarah xx
So, we don’t get MUA anywhere near me so I decided to order some things from their website. They have a sale on at the minute so you should all check it out! I’m gonna show you a few things I bought…
Great Lips Lip Balm
I’m a sucker for lip products and I adore the love heart sweets so I knew this was for me. It’s a nude colour which is great for everyday wear.
Colour Blast Eyeshadow Tint in the shade Bring it Back
I got this free so of course I’ll five it a go. I’ve never used an eyeshadow tint, or an eye product of this texture so I’m excited. The colour is easily build able perfect for both people who like lighter eyes or those for more dramatic ones.
I love trying new primers and if it says mattifying I’m all there cause I’ve got oily skin and anything to keep my shine at bay is a yay for me!
Skin a Brightening Face Highlighter in Sun Shine
I never used a highlighter before, other than one for my eyes so I am excited for is. I’m not sure what to expect from this but it doesn’t look overly shimmery to me which should be a bonus? It’s a lovely peachy/Goldeny shade and I’m not sure if I’m even describing it right!
Maxi moisture Lipstick in Touch Up
Another lip product! This is a beautiful nudey colour with a bit of shimmer. The packaging is classy it looks more expensive than it is. The texture feels beautiful. I’m so impressed with this.
I never used a brush like is before so I’m excited to try it. It was cheap and cheerful too. The bristles are soft but I think from feeling it there should be more?
Eyelashes/Brows comb and brush
I needed a brush like this as I lost mine ages ago. It does the job it’s supposed to so I’m happy!
Thanks for reading. ‘Til next post!
Image courtesy of http://www.powderpocket.com
I found out today that Ireland had a subscription box. It was only launched last year but I’ve been waiting for us to get one. I get so jealous seeing other countries getting them, and I know I can get them delivered here but it’s hassle.
It works the same as Birchbox and Glossybox, you fill in your beauty profile, pick a subscription, I chose to pay monthly because if I don’t think it’s worth the money I’ll just cancel it. You get 5 beauty samples and a magazine each month which I think is quite good. They don’t only give Irish products which some people were speculating about so we still get all the brands!To pay monthly with postage it will be 15EURO which is quite reasonable! Postage would cost a lot more ordering from another country.
The box is so sleek, depending on the size I’ll probably keep them for makeup storage. It’s a black box, with their logo on the front. The products are wrapped in black tissue paper with a pink ribbon bow tying it all together. It’s so pretty.
I’m excited to do my first un-boxing when it arrives and I’l keep you updated!
Thanks for reading. ‘Til next time!